In this article, you’ll learn how to change ink on HP Envy 6055. The HP Envy 6055 is a popular HP model that’s reasonably built. It has a solid plastic body and a removable power cable that is easy to replace.
HP Envy 6055 uses high capacity ink cartridge, but after high-volume printing, you’ll exhaust them.
Therefore you’ll have to replace the cartridges. For first-time users of the HP Envy 6055, replacing the ink can be a bit tricky. But to do not worry, the article has a detailed guide on,
How To Change Ink On HP Envy 6055
Firstly, you have to purchase the correct ink cartridge. The ink cartridge should be specific to your HP Envy 6055 printer and region. Alternatively, you can have them refilled.
Generally, cartridges aren’t usually compatible between different brands and models. Regardless, after buying the right ink cartridges, you must install them. Here are the steps.
- Powering on the HP Envy 6055 printer is the first and simplest step. The power button is at the printer’s left backside. You should wait for the printer to idle and silent before going to the next step.
- Load unused papers into the printer’s input tray.
- To uninstall the used ink cartridge, open its access door. The ink cartridge will slightly move left. You should wait until the carriage is idle and quiet and proceed to the next step. The ink cartridge on the left slot is tri-color, while the cartridge on the right is black.
- Please take out the new ink cartridge from its secure packaging. But don’t touch/ contact the black plastic on the cartridge. You can do this by holding the sides of the ink cartridge.
- Use a pull tab to remove the new cartridges’ plastic tape. However, there are parts that you shouldn’t touch or interfere with; they include;
- Touching Ink nozzles or copper-colored contacts
- Removing the copper electrical strip.
- Replacing the contact’s protective tapes.
- To install the cartridge, hold it by its sides with the nozzle towards the HP Envy 6055. Push the cartridge forward into its slot until you hear a snapping sound. You then close the latch; a clicking sound shows the cartridge is in place.
- Repeat the above steps to install other cartridges and close the cartridge door.
How Do I Know Which Cartridge To Replace?
You should regularly check your printer ink/ toner levels to estimate the amount remaining. Each time the ink or toner level becomes low, consider buying replacement supplies and having them on hand.
People usually replace cartridges or reload toners when the ink or toner is depleted or doesn’t offer high print quality. Here are some ways to know about the cartridges’ ink level.
Check Ink or Toner Levels From The Panel
Most HP printer models display the control panel’s toner and ink cartridge level. Check the panel for a cartridge, ink drop icon, toner level indicator, or ink levels menu.
Check Ink Levels (Smart Tank Printers and HP Ink Tank)
It’s possible to virtually check your printer’s ink level from the ink tank window. You can easily maintain HP ink levels between printers’ minimum and maximum fill lines.
Check Ink or Toner Levels (iOS, Android)
The HP Smart app allows you to check the ink levels from your Apple iOS or Android phone. You only need to install the software on your device. Create an account and add your HP model to view toner or ink levels from your screen.
Check Toner or Ink Levels (Mac)
Here you need to use the printer’s software from your Mac computer. Open Mac’s setting and then navigate to Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers and Scanners. Choose your printer from the list, then options, and finally click on the supplies tab.
Check-In or Toner Level (Windows)
There are several ways to check your HP toner or ink levels from Windows PC. They include:
- HP Smart app: Download the App from your browser and install it. After setting up your printer, you’ll be able to view your toner and ink levels from your computer’s home screen.
- HP Print and Scan Doctor: It’s another popular HP app; download and install it. You then pick your printer from the top menu bar and tap on supply levels. You’ll be able to see the current ink levels of your cartridges.
- Specific Printer Software: Check out your printer’s model name and number. You then click on the printer’s name to open the HP Assistant.
From the App, navigate to “Estimated Ink Levels.” However, if the printer doesn’t give back search results, you can visit the HP Software and Driver Downloads and install it.
- HP Laser Printers: Search windows and then open the Easy Print Manager. Navigate to “Supplies Information” to check toner or ink levels.
However, there are times when it’s hard to know a specific cartridge that needs replacement. The other best and easiest way to check the toner’s level is by running a test print. Usually, printers do have the diagnostic print or test print option in their software.
The test print will print out diagnostic patterns of your cartridges. Therefore if one of the colors is faded, smeared, or faded, you’ll likely locate the cartridge with the issue.
Running a print test is easy, but check your printer’s manual if you aren’t familiar with it. It has the necessary instructions.
The information is in most printers’ manual’s “Maintenance or Tools” menu. Alternatively, you can run the test print from your windows.
HP Envy 6055
The HP Envy series is popular for its amazing models. It has been on the top of the chart for years because of the affordable top-end photo models. HP Envy 6055 is an ideal all-in-one printer for most home offices.
It offers versatility and impeccable photo print quality. It is the best option if you need an affordable, functional, and versatile printer.
Most people want printers that do everything without taking up much space. The compact HP Envy 6055 has all-in-one functionality.
Its dimension is 5″ in length, 17″ in width, and 14″ in height. This is compact, and finding a small printer with outstanding features is difficult.
The All-in-one feature allows you to print, scan and copy your documents.
HP Instant Ink Eligible
HP Instant Ink is a service by HP that monitors your printer’s ink levels. It automatically orders for refills in case of low levels. Not everyone is a fan of the HP Instant Ink, but it’s a great deal for home offices.
After subscribing to HP Instant Ink, you’ll have to pay monthly for the page you print. When the printer’s ink levels run low, it sends a signal to HP, and they send new cartridges. The ink and shipping costs are in the monthly subscription.
However, if you don’t print consistently, you shouldn’t choose HP Instant Ink. It’s ideal for high-volume printers, which print almost the same monthly documents. They will be able to save on ink costs.
The feature allows you to print two sides of a document. You can select the option from your computer’s print dialogue or copy settings. After printing the front side, the printer turns the page back up and works on the backside.
It doesn’t seem like a big deal to some, but you’ll surely enjoy this deal on such an affordable printer. Plus, the feature will help save time and money on paper costs.
Printers can be difficult for newbies, but that’s not the case with HP Envy 6055. The printer, alongside other HP Envy series, is extremely easy to use.
You need to press a button to print or make copies, and you are good to go. You can also print from your smartphone or computer using the printer app.
Smart App Setup
The HP Envy 6055 has a smart App that allows you to set up everything from the comfort of your smartphone.
All you need to do is download and install the software on your mobile device. Amazingly the App guides you throughout everything.
It’s the biggest selling point for this model. HP Envy 6055 is so affordable and yet offers decent photo quality.
The printer surely offers value for its price. Additionally, it’s super durable and best for heavy volume printing.
The steps above will guide you on how to change ink on HP Envy 6055. The HP Envy is an amazing printer with great features for its price. The printer is ideal for home/office use and high-volume prints.
Along the way, you’ll have to replace the printer’s ink cartridges. It might be quite a tricky process for newbies or first-time users of this model. The article offers a detailed step-by-step guide on how to do it.