Technologies used in both the HP Printer and the Mac allow you to scan your documents and images using your printer on your Mac. There are built-in applications that aid in printing found in the Mac working even in sleep mode.
The availability of a variety of dedicated software for free download on the HP website without having a hp account for scanning and printing job has made the scanning process quite easy.
There are also applications to aid in scanning available for download on the Apple Store, giving many scanning options. Before we go further, let’s find out,
How To Scan From Hp Printer To Mac
Using HP Easy Scan
There is much free dedicated software available on the HP website, which you can use for scanning and printing jobs. On top of these, for extended support, you can also download the HP printer driver to a Mac, including the HP Easy Scan.
Step by step guide
- Search for your printer driver on the HP website.
- Download the HP Easy Start utility from the HP website and check both HP Easy Scan and Essential Software during installation.
- After successfully installing HP Easy scan, open hp easy Scan and place the document to be scanned on the Scanner’s automatic document feeder for a document feeding scanner or flatbed for a top scan. Load every page for multi-page documents
- On the Mac, go to Finder > Applications > HP Easy Scan.
- Select the printer you are using from the Scanner drop-down list on the window that appears.
- Select Scan to start scanning your document. A pop-up menu window on the home screen confirming you have finished scanning your document appears after the Scan is complete.
- You can click the preview of your scan documents after completing the Scan to edit the document as desired by clicking Edit.
- Click Send > Folder to save your scanned image. Click Save once you name your scan document and designate the storage folder.
Scanning From The Printer And Scanner Window
Step by step guide
- Go to Apple Logo > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- Select your Scanner on the left panel of the Printers & Scanners window.
- Click on the Add button located on the lower-left corner of the panel in the situation where your Scanner is not listed and ensure that your Scanner is turned on and successfully connected to your Mac.
- Click on the make of your HP scanner or printer and then click on the Add button.
- Click scan button on the right panel of the scan window after your printer has been added to the printer’s list.
- Click on the Open Scanner button for the printer to scan.
- Continue with the overview scanning process after the pop up of the scanner preview as you wait for your Scanner to warm up.
- Allow the scanning of your document to complete and set the scan settings depending on the document you are to scan and your Scanner. After the completion of the Scan and select which part of your image preview you would like to save
- After selecting the areas, you desire to save, click the Scan button and the appropriate scan job type.
You can go to the destination folder you set for the scanned image and view the scanned document upon completion of the Scan.
Scanning Using HP Smart For Desktop
The HP Smart for desktop is another interesting tool that can scan images and documents on your Mac using your Scanner.
Step by step guide
- Open Scanner and use the document feeder or the scanner flatbed for a flatbed scanner to load all the pages of the document.
- Using the apple menu open the Apple App Store, which is the same as the windows store, and download the HP Smart for Desktop application.
- Install the HP Smart app and launch the application upon successful installation.
- Click on the Add Printer button on the HP Smart app dashboard to add your scanning device.
- Ensure that your Scanner is successfully detected and connected to your Mac. HP Smart app contains a feature that automatically detects all printers connected to your Mac.
- Choose your printer and click on the Continue button after your printer is detected.
- Click on the Scan button located on the HP Smart dashboard.
- Click on the Scan button after selecting and configuring all the settings you want.
Allow the Scan some moments to complete, after which the preview of your scanned files will automatically appear, allowing you to edit your printer scan, add a file name, and edit photo prints.
Click on the Save button to complete your scanned document.
Using Macs Image Capture
Step by step guide
- Go to Finder > Image Capture. The screen should display your open Scanner on the left panel of the window.
- Double click on your printer, upon which you will be prompted to install your printer if you have not installed it already. Your Mac automatically searches online for available drivers and installs them on your behalf.
- A grey area appears on the home screen once your printer gets installed. It is where the scanned image will be.
- Place the document to be scanned on the printer scanner bed for a flatbed scanner that has a scanner glass and scanner lid or document feeder, and click Show Details on the lower right of the window.
- Allow the capture a moment to complete scanning your document. You can set the settings depending on the document you are to scan and your printer scanner after completing the Scan.
- Click Scan after successfully configuring the settings for the printer to scan.
Upon completion of the Scan, a preview of the scanned documents shows up automatically in the window. The folder location of the document file is also automatically opened.
Using Apple Preview
Step by step guide
Ensure that the printer is properly discovered and connected to your Mac. If everything is ok, use the document feeder or the scanner bed to load photos.
- Go to Applications > Preview.
- Go to File > Import from Scanner upon opening the preview.
- A scan window appears after you select your Scanner.
- Click on the Show Details buttons as you wait for your Scanner to start the overview scan for your image or document.
- Configure the image settings you have scanned on the left-hand panel after completing your Scan.
- Click the scan button after selecting and configuring all the settings you want.
Allow the Scan some moments to complete, after which the preview of your scanned files will automatically appear.
How Do I Get My Mac To Recognize My HP scanner?
Before you set up your scanner, you need to ensure that the Mac Operating System has the latest scanner software. Confirm if any updates are available from the Scanner’s manufacturer for your printer model.
Connect your Scanner to your Mac by following the instructions that come with it or found on the hp printer assistant.
Use the wi-fi connection instructions for a wireless printer, e.g., tango printers to connect over a wi-fi network, and know how to use the wireless button. Use the printer control panel to configure the printer.
A wireless printer uses an embedded webserver to automatically search and connect with computers and mobile devices on the same network. A wireless icon on the Mac indicates that it is connected.
Select Apple menu > System Preferences and click on the Printers & Scanners button.
If your printer name does not appear on the list on the left inside the apple menu, click on the Add button and select Add Printer or Scanner on the pop-up menu.
Select your Scanner and click Add.
How To Install The Printer Software On Your Mac
Select the Apple Icon found in the upper-left corner of the screen, and click on the System Preferences button.
Click Printers & Scanners button on the System Preferences window.
Click on the Add button located at the bottom left of the screen upon appearance on the dialog box.
Right-click in the Add Printer menu to open another menu. Choose customize Toolbar on the menu that appears.
Drag the Advanced gear icon to the Toolbar and click on the Done button.
Select the Advanced button and fill in the necessary settings as required.
Click on the Add button upon completion of all the required entries
How to Scan From Hp Printer To Mac has now been made easy! The process does not require the installation of any extra software.
Issues that come from built-in procedures for scanning using an HP printer get overcome by the other installable software.
The mechanisms used in both the HP Printers and the Mac give you many ways to scan your documents and images using your HP printer on your Mac. There are built-in applications that aid in printing found in the Mac.