If you are looking for a guide on how to connect your Hp Envy 6055 to wifi network, look no further.
Wifi is a staple in our lives, from keeping us connected with the world to helping us stay entertained. Moreso, wirelessly printing your documents on the go has become the go-to thing nowadays.
This guide will take you through all the steps you need to set up the printer. So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced computer user, you should be able to follow these instructions without any trouble.
How To Connect HP Envy 6055 To Wifi
The printer setup is easy if you want to connect your 6055 to a home or office wi-fi network. Follow these simple steps:
- First, turn on the printer.
- You also need to print the wi-fi password of this printer, so press and hold the information button once. It will send a command for the printer to print the printer information page.
- Look for the wi-fi direct icon on your now printed printer information page. Below is the name of the printer and its password. The serial number at the back of the printer could also be your password.
- Turn on HP wireless direct or wifi Direct from the printer control panel. The printer is now in setup mode.
- The next step is to open your device’s wi-fi network and look for the printer name. Search for HP Envy 6000 series and click on it.
- You will need to put the password. If you enabled security on HP wireless direct, provide the WPA2 password when requested by your computer or mobile device. It’s worth noting that wifi Direct always utilizes a WPA2 passphrase and can’t be enabled without it.
- Click on the connect button as you would any other wireless network. It’s worth noting that the name formats for HP wireless direct and wi-fi Direct are not the same. Refer to https www.hp.com us en for additional information.
- On your mobile devices, open the HP Smart app; if you don’t have one, you can log in and download it from the App Store. At the top of the screen, there is a + button; click on it. You’ll be taken to the next screen, where you can see the printer name again.
- Click on it and wait for the printer to come up. You can now perform wireless printing and scanning.
- If using a computer, install the printer software if you haven’t already. From the printer software UI, select “Wireless” as the connectivity option. You should install the newest version of the HP printer plug-in program on your mobile device.
You can use the printer just like you did with the network connection. There is no need to install any other software. The printer can also be kept connected to your home network.
What You Need To Know Before You Connect Your 6055 Printer
Your Envy printer is a multifunction device that can print, copy, scan, and fax. It is a great choice for a home office because it is compact and has a good price tag.
The printer connects to your computer with a USB cable. Alternatively, you can print wirelessly by connecting the printer to your home network.
To connect your HP 6055 printer to wifi, you will need the following:
- Your printer’s network name (SSID) and password
- An active internet connection
- Your computer’s operating system (OS) and version
- Printer software installed on your computer
- Install HP Smart App for mobile devices(Download on Play Store/Apple Store)
You need to know a few things before connecting your HP printer.
- The network must use WPA or WPA2 security. It’s particularly true for the wi-fi-protected setup.
- Your computer’s OS must be :
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7
- macOS Sierra v10.12 (previously OS X)
- macOS High Sierra v10.13
- macOS Mojave v10.14
- macOS Catalina v10.15
- Your HP Envy 6055 printer’s firmware must be version 2.0 or higher. You can search for upgrade information and available upgrades. Contact hp support services if you need Windows 11 help.
Before using your printer, you must install the software and connect the printer to your computer.
The software installation is easy and takes only a few minutes. Your computer will automatically detect the printer, and the installation process will start.
If you use a Windows computer, the installation process will ask you to connect your printer to your computer with a USB cable.
If you are using a Mac computer, the printer will be automatically detected, and you will not need to install any software.
To connect your printer to your home network, you must first make sure that your home network is set up.
Also, ensure that it’s working properly. If you are not sure how to set up your home network, consult your router’s user manual.
Or contact your Internet service provider for additional information on your network settings. Once your home network is set up, you can connect the printer by following the steps above.
The Benefits Of Connecting Your 6055 Printer To Wi-Fi
There are many benefits to connecting your Hp Deskjet printer to wi-fi. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- You’ll be able to print from any device connected to the same network as your printer. This includes smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
- You’ll be able to print from any location in your house or office.
- You’ll be able to print at a higher speed. The printer won’t have to communicate with your computer over a USB connection.
- When you use the wi-fi, it makes it easy to share your printer with others.
Troubleshooting Tips If You’re Having Trouble Connecting Your 6055 Printer To Wifi
If you’re having issues connecting your 6055 printers to your wi-fi, you can try a few troubleshooting tips.
- First, make sure to turn on the printer and plug in the power cord.
- Next, check to see if your printer is connected to your computer. If it is, you should see the printer’s name in the list of devices on your computer.
- If your printer is not listed, you may need to reinstall the printer software. You can find information and available fixes for this on the HP website.
- Turn on the wi fi router and ensure it remains turned on and broadcasting a signal. Press the button on your router to switch it on.
- Make sure you’re within the wifi range; place your printer near the wi fi router.
- If you’re using a password to connect to the wifi, make sure you enter it correctly.
- Ensure that your computer or mobile device is connected to the same network as the printer.
- If you’re still having trouble connecting your printer to your wi-fi, you may need to contact your internet service provider for help.
They may help restore network connectivity. Alternatively, you can check the HP community forums for Q&A and additional support. There might be useful information, so check documents and videos.
What’s If Your 6055 Printer Is Not Responding?
Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer and also unhook the power cord from the wall socket. Do this while the printer is turned on. If a USB cable is connected, remove it.
After waiting two to three minutes, press and hold down the power button on your printer for around 30 seconds to discharge any remaining charge, the printers with a touchscreen will respond almost immediately.
How to reset wifi on your Envy pro
To begin your network setup, press and hold the wi-fi button on the printer for five seconds. When the printer light turns purple, it means the reset is complete!
What’s The Difference Between Wi-Fi Direct And HP Wireless Direct?
Wifi Direct and HP Wireless Direct are both wireless technologies that allow devices to communicate with each other without a wireless access point.
Wifi Direct is a global standard, while HP Wireless Direct is a propriety HP technology. Check the 2022 hp development company for copyrights.
Wifi Direct is supported by most OS, while HP devices only support HP Wireless Direct. Printers without the following won’t be compatible with HP wireless direct;
- Windows Vista (or newer) and Mac OS X 10.5
- 2.4GHz to connect to your network; 5.0 GHz networks are incompatible with HP printers.
- Wireless connection.
- The computer doesn’t use a static IP address.
There are videos on compatibility FAQs on the hp resource center. You should check videos on compatibility FAQs upgrade information as well.
This article provided a step-by-step guide on how to connect your HP Envy 6055 to wifi. If you follow the instructions, you’ll find that setting up the printer is easy.
However, if you still have problems connecting, you can troubleshoot using the tips above and check your printer control panel. You can also use the hp support resources for additional information.