Why Cloud and Why Now!
- Why the convergence of connectivity, consumerisation and the dynamic 24/7 nature of the global economy create the ideal drivers for Cloud adoption.
- Why agility and responsiveness are overtaking costs as the primary reasons for Cloud adoption.
- What are the most common deployment choices by industry sector and organisation size?
- Are we finally seeing an increase in take-up for public Clouds? What are the factors influencing this trend?
- How is Cloud computing advancing in the SMB market and what are the factors driving this? Will this be the biggest growth area in 2012?
- What are the threats and opportunities for the ISP marketplace?
- End user emergent trends and priorities for 2012; agility, responsiveness and flexibility or costs?
- The next ten years?
Marc Silvester is Vice President & Chief Technology Officer in CSC’s Managed Services Sector in EMEA. He joined CSC in October 2011 and reports to Andy Williams, CSC’s President for Northern Europe operations.
He is a highly regarded innovative thought leader within the IT services industry and is working with CSC's clients as they take advantage of new technologies, through the next generation of emerging IT services, cloud computing in particular, he will be looking to strategically transform businesses and drive innovation.
Prior to joining CSC Marc was Global Technology Officer at Fujitsu. Over the course of his career he held a number of other leadership appointments, with 25 years experience working across the Fujitsu Group, including the formation of alliances and partnerships, developing their cloud strategy and leading product and service innovation and new business development. He joined the company in 1986 as a software engineer. He is a graduate of Staffordshire University with an honours degree in pure and applied computer science. He is a published author having written books on Service Innovation and Partnering for Success.